Reporting and Analytics System for KSAU-HS (RASK) Project
Reporting and Analytics System for KSAU-HS (RASK) project aims to create a reporting and analytical environment that uses a single data repository. The KSAU-HS data repository will hold the required KSAU-HS historical data by extracting it from the available data sources. RASK would put in place a framework for extracting, transforming, and loading data to construct KSAU-HS “Enterprise Data Warehouse” (EDW) system. The initiative of the RASK project has started by the Development & Quality Management Affairs (DQMA) and developed internally and collaboratively with Information Technology Services, Administrative and Financial Affairs, and Educational Technology departments. The importance of having a reliable reporting system was emphasized by DQMA in the KSAU-HS Steering Committee meeting, held in Sept 2014. The committee made a resolution that is approved HE Dr. Bandar Al-Knawy, President, KSAU-HS to create a subcommittee to start the project planning phase that has members from the steering committee and other stakeholders. The project is aligned with the “Business Reporting & Analytics” strategic priority stated in the KSAU-HS IT Strategy Document (2011-2015). The outcome of this project is expected to support KSAU-HS achieve its defined vision “to be a “Center of Excellence, offering the best evidence-based health education and utilizing concepts of information technology to attract the best students and faculty”.
The RASK mission is to help produce reliable and trust worthily statistical and analytical reports and performance measurements based on the requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
- Overcome the current reporting challenges faced by KSAU-HS to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and availability of data.
- Create one central reliable reporting source for KSAU-HS data.
- Data governance foundation to manage data consistency across stakeholders.
- Identification and prioritization of analytics requirements of KSAU-HS.
- Improve strategic performance management by creating the analytics environment to build analytics-intensive applications, such as: Performance Management for Student Information, Operations, and Financial information.
- Ensure the automation of report generation and the reduction of manual work that subsequently leads the transformation of KSAU-HS into a paperless environment during data gathering and reports creation.
- Provide recommendations to the stakeholders based on the reporting outputs, on how processes can be improved, to achieve more accuracy of information.