Mission: To be creative and innovative in achieving sustainable quality that leads to excellence and recognition of the University nationally and internationally.
Strategic Goals: The Development and Quality Management Affairs has the following strategic goals:
- Develop, implement and maintain the strategic plan and its performance management
- Maintain an efficient quality assurance system based on best practices and supported by information technology that enhances the University outcomes
- Lead and achieve national and international accreditations of the University and its programs
- Develop and maintain the University’s governance and organizational charts
- Organize, standardize and maintain the University policies and its related procedures
- Assure the achievement of the best practices in information technology in the University Community
- Enhance the University’s branding nationally and internationally
Outcomes: Outcomes are intended results of the impact of the Institute during or after implementation.
- Creation of good partnerships with all academic and non-academic units
- Development of inter-professional opportunities.
- Establishment and implementation of a flexible organizational chart.
- Coverage of a core group of faculty and staff in the University with courses and workshops in quality, accreditation, development, and planning.
- Disseminate research in related field.
- Creation of strong relationships with like-minded institutions and organizations.
- Involvement in consultations at the national level and in particular with newly established Health Professions Colleges.
- Organization of regular regional conferences and workshops in quality and planning.
- Recognition of the University as a leading institute in Health Professions Education.