KSAU-HS Steering Committee for Quality Assurance and Academic Accreditation
The Steering Committee for Quality Assurance and Academic Accreditation (QAAA) is responsible for the University’s internal quality assurance system and the processes of national and international accreditation. The Steering Committee also acts as a planning forum for quality assurance development and promotion for both internal and external driven purposes. It oversees the quality of research and community services.
Charges of the Committee
The Steering Committee meets on a monthly basis unless otherwise called by the Chairperson. The Committee needs a 50% quorum and the resolutions reached by the simple majority vote. The secretary of the committee is responsible for the preparation of its agenda, finalization of the minutes and resolutions, and ensures their implementation. The committee secretary will also prepare regular reports to be submitted to the Higher Committee. The committee has a renewable two-year term. Members of the committee should report any conflict of interest and maintain confidentiality, security and integrity of all materials and decisions taken during and after their terms. The committee ensures to:
- Build the quality assurance culture and provide the needed stakeholders’ support.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the IQAS performance and make recommendations for its enhancement.
- Provide necessary reports to the University Council.
- Monitor, enforce, and disseminate standards and best practices to enhance the practiced quality.
- Expand the institution network with quality assurance experts and quality assurance institutions.
- Develop practice guidelines and advisory statements when required.
- Enforce regularly all guidance and requirements issued by the Council of Higher Education and national accreditation bodies.
- Develop, unify and review the report formats, benchmarks, KPIs, and processes to satisfy accreditation standards and other additional parameters as deemed necessary.
- Identify areas that require improvement and propose appropriate solutions.
- Oversee faculty and staff enhancement activities at the University level.
- Deal with any related matters to quality and accreditation.
The committee is chaired by the Vice President of Development and Quality Management (DQM) and reports to the University President. The Dean of the Deanship of Quality Management (DOQ) will be the committee Co-chairperson and secretary who will also call for the meeting in the absence of the Chairperson. The members should represent groups of colleges in similar fields rather than from each college with adequate representation of the female sector. The Chairman may invite more members from each region when needed. The Committee Formation Order is presented by the Vice President of DQM to the University President for approval.