Curriculum Committee at the College Level
Colleges’ Curricula Committee formation
The College council consists of:
- Associate Deans (One of them serves as a Chairperson).
- Chairpersons and Deputy Chairpersons.
- Representatives from Block or Course Coordinators.
- Student representative from each batch.
- The Chairman may invite any course coordinator.
Charges of the Committee
- To define and implement the objectives, goals and structure of the college curriculum.
- To oversee the teaching, organization and management of the college educational program.
- To review analyzed data reported by the College Program Evaluation and Student Assessment Committee.
- To propose educational polices.
- To oversee the evaluation of course content to identify areas of deficiency or redundancy in the curriculum and to correct or modify these where appropriate.
- To recommend major changes in the curriculum or course structure, duration or order, or addition of a new required course as deemed necessary for improvement of curriculum.
- To assign, with the consent of the departments involved, the faculty staff for teaching students.
- To report to the Dean and the College Council unresolved problems in the teaching of the curriculum.
- To plan continuous assessment of student at the end of course examinations in coordination with the Student Assessment Committee.
- To consider all matters related to the college education of students and make appropriate recommendations.
Colleges’ Curricula Committee meetings
- The Colleges Curricula Committee shall meet upon an invitation from the chairperson at least once a month, as per the call of the chairperson, or in case that one-third of the committee members wrote a request to the chairperson to call for a meeting.
- The meeting is deemed invalid unless two-third of the members are present.
- Resolutions are issued upon majority of votes of those present. When equal, the side with the Chairperson’s vote is passed.